Tuesday, March 13, 2018, Session approved:
• the Minutes of the February 20, 2018 Stated Meeting of the Session as submitted (attached).
• the call of the Special Meeting of the Session for Sunday, March 25, 2018 at 10:40 a.m., in the conference room to examine and receive new members.
• AJ Manett and Aled Pritchard as the Session nominees for the 2018-2019 Nominating Team.
• the call of the Annual Meeting of the Congregation and of the Corporation of the Second Presbyterian Church for April 22, 2018 before Sanctuary worship at 10:45 a.m. in the sanctuary to elect the Elder Class of 2021, the Deacon Class of 2021, and the Nominating Team members 2018-2019, and to receive the Annual Report, the 2018 Budget, and the 2017 Statistical Report.
• Sue Henderson as secretary for the Annual Meeting of the Congregation on April 22, 2018.
• the disbursement now of $1500 to The Journey, which is half of their budgeted support for 2018,.
• the use of the Sanctuary, Fellowship Hall, Education Building, kitchen, and Parking for the worship honoring and farewell luncheon by SPK for Mary Brown’s retirement on Sunday, April 29, 2018 at 11:15 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.
• the use of the Sanctuary for the Piccolo Spoleto – Youth Music Concert by the City of Charleston – Office of Cultural Affairs on Sunday, May 27, 2018 at 12:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
• Elder of the Month April 1, 8, 29: Marion Mitchell; 15: Sarah Morton; 22: AJ Manett.
• a Wedding Policy Revision:
(1) Add the Bride and Groom initial lines to page 4 (Wedding Expense Policy Sheet)
(2) Add “Cancellation Fee: Because of the high demand for the use of the Sanctuary or Chapel, a full refund will only be given if the Administrator is informed in writing of the cancellation within 1 week of paying the wedding fee. One-half refund will be given if the Administrator is informed in writing of the cancellation within 4 weeks of paying the wedding fee. After 4 weeks, no refund will be given.”
• the use of the sanctuary for the Wayne-Streisel wedding on Saturday, December 15, 2018.
• our participation in the "Spirited Brunch", an open house event jointly sponsored by The Post and Courier and the College of Charleston Religious Studies Department on Sunday, April 22, 2018.
- Stated Meeting Minutes February 20, 2018
- Congregational Meeting Minutes February 4, 2018
- Special Meeting Minutes February 4, 2018
- Special Meeting Minutes January 28, 2018
- Stated Meeting Minutes January 16, 2018
- Stated Meeting Minutes December 12, 2017
- Stated Meeting Minutes November 14, 2017
- Stated Meeting Minutes November 5, 2017
- Stated Meeting Minutes October 10, 2017
- Stated Meeting Minutes September 19, 2017
- Stated Meeting Minutes August 18, 2017
- Special Meeting Minutes July 2, 2017
- Stated Meeting Minutes June 13, 2017
- Special Meeting Minutes June 4, 2017
- Special Meeting Minutes May 21, 2017
- Stated Meeting Minutes May 9, 2017